Bartomeu: We won't sign Pogba this year

The Catalans had an €80 million bid for the player turned down last week and won't be making an improved offer this summer

07.07.2015 12:38:18

Barcelona president Josep Bartomeu says the Catalans will not sign Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba in 2015. The Champions League holders are keen to lure the 22-year-old to Camp Nou but saw an €80 million offer for the midfielder turned down last week. Barca were expected to launch an improved bid but Bartomeu revealed any deal for Pogba is now on hold until January next year at the earliest. "We will not buy Pogba this year," the current Barcelona president told reporters. "We are not planning with him for next season. He is not part of our sporting plans for 2015-16 at this stage." Juventus president Andrea Agnelli hinted on Monday that the France international could still be on the move this summer, which could encourage several other clubs to make bids. Barcelona announced the capture of Arda Turan from Atletico Madrid in a deal worth €41m on Monday after recently securing the services of Aleix Vidal from Sevilla. However, the club are banned from fielding new signings until January after being found guilty of irregularities in the sgning of youngsters from overseas last year.

Category : FC Barcelona Juventus Paul Pogba Italy Spain France La Liga Serie A Europe Rest of Europe